old book smell

domingo, 4 de julho de 2010

Must I.... (By Vivian not Jack Johnson)


Just wait a minute...

I was sitting, waiting, wishing...and I believed in superstitions and words of love.
I can't always be playing your fool. But I trusted you and you pulled me down...just wait a minute, you said. No, I can't wait a minute. If I were in your position, I wouldn't be so fool, cause falling in love as you were it's not easy to do.
But Lord knows that this world is cruel and I ain't the Lord, no I'm just a fool
learning loving somebody don't make them love you, even though one says he does.
I sang your songs, I danced your dance,I gave your friends and brothers all a chance
But putting up with them Wasn't worth ever having you.Maybe you've been through this before but it's my first time so please ignore the next few lines cause they're directed at you:

I can't always be waitin', waitin' on you.I can't always be playin', playin' your fool.I wonder why it has taken me so long.
But Lord knows that I'm not you and if I were I wouldn't be so cruel cause waitin' on love ain't so easy to do.

I keep playing your part but it's not my scene. I want this plot to twist
I've had enough mystery;you keep building it up but then you are shooting me down
But I'm already down.


I'm really sorry for you.
But maybe it's a little too late.

Nenhum comentário:

I'm a mom!